Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Being Tough in the Nuclear Age



Iron Man Connections to Real Life

Before I cut the cord on cable in favor of using a Roku media player, I found myself watching Iron Man over and over again.  Having been totally indoctrinated in the cult of Tony Stark I find there are some interesting connections between the fictional character and the real world, which may or may not have occurred to the man himself, Stan Lee.

Let's be honest.  The world really did foresee the coming of the second World War.  In fact, in July of 1940 Congress passed the Two-Ocean Navy Act that provided four billion dollars in funding to build up the Naval capabilities of the United States.  It was Admiral Harold Stark who pressed Congress to pass this bill, which they ultimately did ensuring that the

John Stark was a Major General who fought in both the French and Indian War and the Revolutionary War.

Perhaps I can use the names of Revolutionary War Era Generals in my fiction because they tend to have gravestones and monuments with their names on them that I can photograph.

4 comments:

  1. Not to be a grammar nazi but I think that the second paragraph may be incomplete.

    I have never seen Iron Man so until I do, the connection eludes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never worked out this connection before although I've only watched the first Iron Man film, interesting musings regardless buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having only seen the film once, and a long time ago, I never noticed this connection. I'll have to go back and see it again. For, you know, research purposes...

    ReplyDelete