Monday, December 3, 2012

Event Planning

I am not saying that I am the single greatest living event planner.  Oprah is pretty good at what she does.  The American Idol people have stretched very little talent into the consciousness of millions of people.  The various professional sports leagues do well in gathering large crowds and keeping them from demanding more from their governments.  Still, I am good at planning events.

I am very willing to say that I am an organizer.  My desk is tidy.  My home is neat.  The special events I plan have a purpose and I have a system in place to manage them and the people who are part of them that is efficient.  Behold readers the Excel template I use to manage the special events I organize:

#
First Name
Last Name
Company/ Organization
Email Address
Attending (Y/N/M)
Date They Confimred Attendence
Date I Replied to Their RSVP
Remarks
1








2








3








4








5








6








7








8








9








10








11








12








13








14








15








16








17








18








19








20









Yes, I realize that the table above breaks the formatting of this page.  Deal with it.  If you're not good enough with a computer to translate this into your own Excel spreadsheet, I am sorry to say that you may not be ready to wield the awesome power of this incredible event management system.


2 comments:

  1. I love this system man, you're right about the formatting of the blog, it's worth it to work out how to fix it haha! Those sport teams or concerts have nothing on you haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too am an organizer. Excel is an awesome tool.

    ReplyDelete